Excellence is Expected…a CWM mantra that is built into every part produced.
The precision die casting process is very complex. It requires a number of quality management controls to avoid dimensional, internal, and surface defects.
CWM uses the latest technology to be pro-active in our process controls.
State-of-the-art, full-time process monitoring equipment is used in all our precision die casting machines.
A closed-loop system compares process variables to upper and lower control limits and will trigger alarms and stop production if the process is out of control. Real-time process and production data is readily available via monitors that are positioned in multiple in-plant locations or via the web for external troubleshooting.
In addition, CWM utilizes the latest part measuring equipment paired with progressive training to effectively monitor key features related to part function and process control.
Chicago White Metal’s Quality Management System is ISO 9001: 2015, third party registered, and compliant to ISO/TS16949 (now IATF 16949). We employ a cross-functional approach to Quality Management utilizing AIAG standards for Advanced Product Quality Planning. Elements of this approach include:
- Control Plan – specific to each part, identifying key product characteristics and the methods for their control.
- Process Flowchart – defines the manufacturing process and controls throughout the product realization.
- Process Failure Mode & Effects Analysis – assures the prevention of defectives through the manufacturing process.
- FAI (First Article Inspection) – A Full Dimensional Layout is performed to verify mold design and part print compliance in the pre-production phase.
- First-Piece Inspection – at the start of each production run.
- In-Process Inspection – SPC: Variable and Attribute Control Charting during the production run.
- In Process Visual Inspection – for cosmetics using standards defined in the Cosmetic Quality Plan.
- Last Piece Inspection – at the end of each production run.
- Final Audit – Random sampling of each part scheduled to ship for compliance of key characteristics.
- 2 Coordinate-Measurement Machines – for full dimensional layout (DCC using the latest version of PC-DMIS and M-COSMOS software).
- Calibrated instruments used throughout the industry to verify key product characteristics.
- Real-time fluoroscopic x-ray.
Contact Chicago White Metal today for more information on our quality management practices and how they improve the precision die casting process.